Single sign-on allows you to sign in once and then access all of your enterprise systems without having to sign in again. OrgChart supports SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On which makes it compatible with many Identity Management Systems.
Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between parties, in particular, between an identity provider and a service provider. OrgChart is SAML-compatible.
To set up SAML:
- Make sure all your OrgChart logins are created using email address as the User ID. Create additional OrgChart logins as needed. Each user must have a valid OrgChart login in order to use SAML SSO.
- Email your SAML Meta Data (link or XML file) to technical support. We will add an entry to our SSO configuration (and then let you know).
- If you need meta data for OrgChart, use this link: OrgChart Meta Data
- You may need one of more of the following parameters for configuration on your side:
- Single sign-on URL: https://sso2.orgchartnow.com/Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST (also used for Recipient and Destination URLS)
- Audience URI: https://sso2.orgchartnow.com
NOTE: Application user name should be set to user’s email address (contact us if you want to use key other than the the user’s email address).
You can test using a link or using a new entry in your SSO application dashboard: https://sso2.orgchartnow.com/Shibboleth.sso/Login?entityID=**YourEntityID**&target=https://sso2.orgchartnow.com
As part of the single sign-on process, you can control various presentation options within OrgChart by using deep links. The format of the deep link call is as follows: https://sso2.orgchartnow.com/Shibboleth.sso/Login?entityID=**YourEntityID**&target=https://sso2.orgchartnow.com/?dl=<presentationoptions>
<presentationoptions> can be generated using the URL Generator.
- Set up a private link (set parameters and then select the Generate URL button)
- Copy the “dl” parameter into the deep link (see link above)